Sunday 17 June 2012

It all started with the shoe...

 Being a shoeaholic I often begin styling my outfits with a pair of shoes. It helps inspire what colours to combine as well as the general shape/line of my look. That is exactly what I did with my look below. I fell in love with these brown court shoes with mustard suede covering the toe. I thought they would be the perfect addition to my winter wardrobe. I'm a sucker for brown shoes and I loved the fact that they had a  splash of mustard. This enabled me to introduce a new colour into my wardrobe as I  previously hadn't owned anything in mustard. Online I have seen mustard saturating many designer winter collections so I was excited to play around with this rich colour.

I went shopping and found this chic mustard long sleeve dress with a silhouette that I would not usually wear. For some reason I was drawn to it. I chose to tie in my brown shoes with a vintage belt and bag. I love the combination of brown and mustard. I accessorised with a mustard and gold chain necklace and studded mustard cuff.

I think mustard is the perfect colour to help brighten up your winter wardrobe. I have styled some 'mustard' inspired winter looks below for you to reference.












Have a wonderful week!


6 comments:

  1. Great outfit!! I love the sleek look. The shoes are indeed amazing! And I couldn't help but smile when I looked at your bag- so jelly! :) I was very into mustard during winter. I liked to pair it with leopard print for a kind of tribal look!

    http://lillatinafashionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw sweetie you look amazing! Love your dress,the colour really suits you! Love the looks you've put together and especially loving the sweater in look 2 :)

    Take care,Daniella xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing! Love the color of your dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous outfit! You look amazing, dear!

    http://unachicafashiontastica.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  5. love ur style!
    nice blog!
    i follow u!
    follow me back if u like mine!!
    xx
    www.themidniteblues.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You wears pretty good shoes but yours dress also very charming, that's because you have nice body size.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for viewing Dusty Petals blog. I'd love to hear any feedback you have. xox